You have already selected this recipe on this date
tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
pound Pappardelle Pasta
pound Sweet Italian Sausage
large Zucchini, diced
large Summer Squash, diced
large Yellow Onion, diced
medium Red Pepper, diced
cup Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
tsp Black Pepper
1. In a large stockpot bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add half of olive oil.
2. Add pasta to boiling water and cook about 8 minutes, until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
3. In a large saute pan over medium-high heat add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and sausage. Cook about 6 minutes, until sausage is cooked through.
4. Stir in vegetables and basil. Cook another 4-5 minutes, until squash has begun to caramelize. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour cooked pasta and 1/2 cup pasta water into the sausage mixture. Stir to combine and serve hot.